Here’s a dark theory about Scooby and Shaggy you wouldn’t have thought of as a seven-year-old watching a harmless cartoon -- they were actually potheads!
It’s starting to make sense now, isn’t it?
Scooby-Doo has quite an active fan base and there are a lot of theories about each member of the Mystery Machine gang. Others claim that Velma was a lesbian. There are also stories circulating about Scooby Doo being a ghost dog.
The biggest rumor, however, is that Fred, Daphne, Shaggy and Velma are actually high-school dropouts! They earn their way by selling drugs which they hide inside their psychedelic love machine. Crazy right? Although, there may be some truths to this.Think about it -- a bunch of teens up at 2:00 AM searching for monsters and ghosts?? It also seemed they’re living in that van. No one ever saw them go home.
More so, here are definite clues leading to Scooby and Shaggy being stoners.
- They are constantly hungry -- Scooby and Shaggy always had the munchies. They also had an appetite like no one else in the group.
- They laughed and acted giddy all the time. Then, there’s constant paranoia. Shaggy and Scooby were usually the first ones to ‘feel’ that there’s someone looking at them or that someone’s about to get them.
- Shaggy’s ‘grunge’ look fits the stoner’s persona. Not that I’m judging the grunge fashion but come on, just look at the sloppy way he dresses and the facial hair. He is obviously a 'burner'.
- The smoke from the van. Let’s state the obvious, shall we? The Mystery Machine is a stoners van if I ever saw one. There’s a scene where Shaggy and Scooby were seen grilling up some munchies. Then, they acted all panicky when police started banging on the door! LOL
- Scooby - DOOBIE - Doo. Doobi is Scooby’s middle name. This is definitely not a rhyme-up coincidence. It’s an obvious clue! For those who don’t know, ‘doobie’ is a slang word for a marijuana joint often used back in the 70s.
Even after knowing these facts, Scooby Doo will still be a cartoon close to my heart. Even closer than before I must say. Speaking of doobies, I just found an awesome Scooby-Doo tee that references this pothead theory! Fans would definitely love this!
You can check all this out and more!
Just hit that See Related Designs button below!